Wednesday, December 31, 2008

2009 Resolutions... Fall off the band wagon list

I decided that resolution list is not the appropriate name. I am calling this list fall off the wagon list.... Why you ask? We all know how long resolutions last. I can honestly look back and say I don't think I have ever followed through an entire year with a resolution. But here goes the list.

1. Cut down on drinking. This means limit the number of drinks in an outing to 3.

Where did I get 3 from? Not sure maybe because its my favorite number, maybe I think its reasonable not sure but thats the number for 2009. 3 Maybe I shouldn't point out the obvious because I like to believe I am being good by deciding to drink less but I will entertain you. Notice I did not say the size of these drinks. There is a reason behind this, I know there will be times keeping it to 3 will be difficult like during beer pong tournaments. So if I have 3 larger drinks those can be divided up to accomodate the needs of the party. ;) (some of you may want to place bets on how long it is until I fall off the wagon on this one) Ok enough on drinking....

2. Increase my work outs from 3 a week to 5 a week.

I will fit in the F'ing jeans that have been in the closet for the last 2 years that are suppose to be the "skinny jean" I am tired of the fat jeans getting too small and having to buy a bigger pair of "fat" jeans.

3. Read more

Once I finish reading the Twilight series I am on to the next book... which is 'Are you there Vodka, its me Chelsea.' Ok the real reason behind this is bc I want to read that book, I am sure my reading will trail off after this. To be honest that book grabbed my attention because the title sounds like something I would say myself. So I am intrigued and I have heard from 2 others that this is a hilarious book so who can't afford a good laugh.

4. Stick to a budget

I never really see the point to a budget for a few reasons
1. If I have the money why can't I just buy it?
2. I can't take my money to the grave I should just spend it while I am alive and enjoy life
3. The more money I spend the more entertained my blog readers are.. more adventures (ok I just made that up but I do believe the others)

5. Find myself before finding a man

This is probably the one thing on this list I will stick to the longest. This is the first time in like 12 years that I am actually single going into the new year. I think its a good idea to get a grip on me before dragging some poor unsuspecting guy along with me. (note this doesn't mean I won't have hook ups and fun along the way...)


Ok so there you have it my fall off the wagon list...

If you're a betting person I would tell you the odds are with drinking and a budget. Those have the highest odds of falling off the wagon first. Although working out 5 times a week isn't far behind.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm working on 'finding myself' too. Maybe we can help each other along the way!

Hccm said...

Great list!
Happy New Years Eve

Markitos said...

I find IM realy boring not drinking, working, saving, eating right and other "good for ya stuff"
YAWN