Monday, January 26, 2009

Music Monday Favorites

Ok you know the drill every Monday I post a playlist. This week I was at a lose I didn't have any songs pop out at me during the week. So I decided I would ask a few of my favorite people what their favorite songs are so I could add them to the playlist. So here goes....

1. You'll Never Find by Lou Rawls- This one is from my first cali friend. She has been there through all the ups and downs of the job and such a great friend and support. We have spent the last 3 Thanksgivings together, which we call the Orphans thanksgiving since I can't go home to be with my family during this time. This is her all time favorite song!

2. Can you stand the rain by New Edition- This is from one of my newer friends. We have so much in common. In fact half the time it looks like we planned to wear the same thing to work! I have had a blast hanging out with her and talking about all the things we love... fashion and men! This is an old school song but her favorite!

3. Purple Rain by Prince- This is from my best friend in DC. I don't get to see her too much but whenever I am down I can always call her up and she will snap me out of it. She is the speak your mind, down to earth, honest friend. I know I can always count on her to tell me like it is. I miss her so much. She has taught me so much about fashion, standing up for myself, and having a little attitude in a classy way!

4. Sundrenched World by Joshua Radin- This is from Yaya! My oldest and best friend. We grew up together and shared so many wonderful childhood memories. I practically lived at her house during the summers and I even had my own bed in her room! Yaya always listens when I am feeling down, she doesn't try to sugar coat anything just listens and comforts. I love making her laugh and spending time with her when I get to go home!

5. Big Pimpin by JayZ- This is from an old hook up of mine. Ok so he's not necessarily one of my favorites, well I guess you could say he is, he's a favorite hook up ;) ha ha. He was around when I was asking favorite songs. Go figure his song would be Big Pimpin . I guess it just makes it that much more appropriate that it came from him!





Get a playlist!
Standalone player
Get Ringtones

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interesting list...I was questioning you until Jay-Z (although big pimpin is not one of his best).

To Each Their own.

Hccm said...

Love your playlist!

Hugs and Mocha,
Stesha

Anonymous said...

Yup, Big Pimpin is the icing on the cake!