Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Habitat for Humanity

I have always wanted to volunteer for Habitat for Humanity. So this morning I signed up for the women's build team.

On Feb 6th which is a Friday I will be taking a PTO day from work so I can go join Habitat for Humanity and volunteer for the day!

I am very excited to be a part of this and can't wait to experience this great organization.

If you are interested in volunteering check out their site to find local opportunities in your area or just to find out more about them.

http://www.habitat.org/

"I expect to pass through the world but once. Any good therefore that I can do, or any kindness I can show to any creature, let me do it now. Let me not defer it, for I shall not pass this way again."
Stephen Grellet, French/American religious leader (1773-1855)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ow Jill...You are not the crazy cat lady from the simpsons!

Anonymous said...

Josh is an idiot. He tried posting his comment above to the post above...he doesn't know how to do this blogging stuff....lol!


That's awesome that you signed up to volunteer! I love volunteering! (And eating the free food....)

I've been wanting to volunteer at our animal shelter here but then I'm always worried that will be the moment I'll magically get pregnant and will have to tell them I can't work since cleaning up cat and dog feces is part of the job (at least at our animal shelter it is).

Good luck!