Monday, January 19, 2009

Ghetto Fabulous!

After the birthday dinner the boyfriend had arranged for us to all hit up a club near by. I had never been to this club but I have been to others on the same street so I though well it can't be much different from the other 2 on this strip and they are nice so I was excited to hit up the club!

Well... let me just tell you this was like no club I have ever been to before and if it wasn't for the birthday party I would have turned back around and walked out the door.

However, I have learned in life its not where you are but who you are with that makes the night fun. One of the guys in the party and I were having a good time just laughing. Here is what came out of the night....

Top 10 reasons you know you're in a ghetto club....

10. People are making babies on the dance floor
(I have seen this dancing in music videos but I have never personally witnessed until this night)

9. The couches are vinyl so they can be hosed off at the end of the night

8. Some of the couches look like they came from college frat houses after they couldn't use them anymore

7. You find a random plastic lobster beside one of the couches
(note the lobster ended up in all the pictures after the great find)

6. The best vodka they have in the upstairs bar is Gordon's

5. The staff members wear shirts that say "Janitor" on the front and the back

4. The "janitor" is also the dj

3. The floor is being mopped as people are dancing on it
(the moppers reminded me of the butler from Mr. Deeds sneaky sneaky, weaving in and out of dances to mop the floor all night long! Seems safe right?! ha ha)

2. There are inches of dust on the chandeliers

If all of this wasn't ghetto enough for you.... The number 1 way you know you're in a ghetto club....

1. Guys are laying on the floor so girls in dresses can dance over their faces!

I am sure you are all jealous of this wonderful night and superior club I went to. Trust me it was worth it for the laugh factor for the night. However, I do not believe I will be a frequent guest of this club!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hahaha! I want a plastic lobster!