Thursday, February 26, 2009

The Mail

So when I was depressed I used to check the mailbox every day for some excitement in my life. Don't ask why I ever thought the mailbox would cheer me up. I have always liked getting mail and maybe I thought something super exciting would come. However, nothing ever came except bills, with the exception of every couple of weeks a new magazine, usually Victoria's secret, because they send out like a hundred a year.

All week I didn't check my mailbox. I am over my mailbox fix. I go several days, sometimes the whole week without checking it.

So finally today I checked it and I had a key in the mailbox which means some kind of package. However, I still didn't get excited about it bc I am expecting my birth control pills via mail.

When I opened the larger mailbox I noticed the box was much too big for the pills and then I saw it was from my best friend Alicia!!

I couldn't wait to open the surprise. I thought how sweet! And when I opened it even better. Willow tree angels. 2 of them with their arms linked and then a wooden carving that says friends. Soooo cute, they remind me of us and our friendship!

Such a great surprise and the perfect gift to get after a super long stressful week!

Thank you Alicia!!! I love you and miss you so much! Your friendship means so much!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're welcome! I meant to get it out to you for Valentine's Day....but you know how that goes!

Anonymous said...

That Alicia she is always thinking! Hope things are going well.